Maintenance plan (The step after the diet plan)
Follow this diet plan when you have reached your weight loss goals and need to make the transition to eating regular meals. The transition from our diet to a maintenance plan with regular meals should be spread over several weeks, even months, to give the body a period of adjustment. Wanting to do this too soon is the biggest mistake people make!
PHASE 1 (3-4 weeks)
• 2x Shake That Weight meals per day (1 as a meal and 1 as a snack between meals).
• 2x regular meals (eg lunch and dinner) consisting of complete carbohydrates, lean protein and vegetables.
• Eat a snack (eg fruit, nuts, yogurt) mid-morning and a shake mid-afternoon.
PHASE 2 (3-4 weeks)
• 3x regular meals a day consisting of complete carbohydrates, lean protein and vegetables.
• 1x Shake That Weight shake between meals, for example mid-afternoon when you have the biggest appetite.
• Any healthy snack such as fruit or nuts mid-morning.
During both phases, it may be worth keeping a food diary to monitor dietary changes that can lead to sudden weight gain. You can also use the website: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ .
After two months you should have a good routine of eating regularly, eating the right foods and keeping your weight stable!