Follow this diet plan when you have reached your weight loss goals and need to transition to eating regular meals. The transition from our diet to a maintenance plan with regular meals should be spread over a number of weeks, even months, to give the body an adjustment period. Trying to do this too quickly is the biggest mistake people make!
PHASE 1 (3-4 weeks)
- 2x Shake That Weight meals per day (1 as a meal and 1 as a snack between meals).
- 2x regular meals (e.g. lunch and dinner) consisting of complete carbohydrates, lean protein and vegetables.
- Eat a snack mid-morning (e.g. fruit, nuts, yogurt) and a shake mid-afternoon.
PHASE 2 (3-4 weeks)
- 3x regular meals per day consisting of complete carbs, lean protein and vegetables.
- 1x Shake That Weight shake between meals, for example in the middle of the afternoon when you are most hungry.
- Any healthy snack like fruit or nuts mid-morning.
During both phases, it may be worth keeping a food diary to monitor dietary changes that may lead to sudden weight gain. You can also use the website: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/.
After two months you should have a good routine of eating regularly, eating the right foods and keeping your weight stable!